Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random Searching


One drawback of having as many files and good intentions but no system of organization is that I didn't exactly know what I wanted to accomplish on Day 2 of being at the Family History Library. Okay - no system of organization isn't exactly accurate, what is really going on is multiple systems of organization with at least 1/3 of my material in a "need to file" state. But how should I file something that could go in multiple locations and with my binder/file/digital systems, I don't really know what I ought to be doing next. I have used binders successfully in the past but nothing was ready for me to grab in this way for this trip. So I found myself with a day at the library and a few ideas and hoping that I would be inspired to do what was useful.

It all ended up with some success. I'll post a few things I did separately for searching purposes, and I ended up happy but motivated to do better the next time. Time at this library is valuable and I hate to think I wasn't as productive as I could have been but it is all a part of the process for me. I'm excited about attending a class on Organizing here at the library that may solve some of my problems!

No comments: