Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family Reunions



It is summer and all around me, I hear of people going to family reunions.  I look forward to our Rhodes (Roots and Ruggles always invited/included) Reunion every summer and wish I had more opportunities to gather with family and share stories and time outside of the hustle bustle of regular life.

Family Reunions I would like to attend:

The Toone Reunion - I just heard a rumour that one is happening... I'm not sure I can swing it at short notice but I need to get myself on a contact list for knowing about this one.

A Webb Reunion - Is there one?  I just love learning more about this family and would like to make contact with this side - although it does overlap with the Toone Reunion - I'm curious about Hannah's family.

A Muirhead Reunion - Love to meet and know more about these Irish relatives!! I hope I can plan a trip to Ireland in the future.  The more I learn about Sam and Jenny, the more curious I am to learn more!

A Puzey Reunion - My grandpa Fred was an only child and now that I am looking at all his photos, I wonder about all the others in this family.   Only Henry and Henry William crossed to America - so the rest were in England.  I would love to know more about the family that were left behind and the new family established on this side of the ocean.

A Neilson Reunion - Swedish relatives!  This is the side of family is the mystery to me - I don't know much about the culture or traditions - I feel a connection every time I shop in IKEA... is that it? Need to know more!

I don't want to leave out other family lines but these are the ones on my radar at the moment.  If you are out there and know about a reunion for one of these lines, please share!!

No comments: